Thursday, March 26, 2015

I Don't Recognize the Country

I am not political in any way, but the ideology I see in all the parties that occupy what is traditionally called "the right" in the country is one that is not Canadian. It seems to consist of a mean social determinism and a set of values that are so antithetical to those that characterized the country I grew up in.   We are a peaceful country, mindful of our neighbours, supportive of each other and now I find we are governed by a heavy handed, manipulative and increasingly hostile government that is taking this country down a road I doubt most people want to take. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMPLETE THE STORY

 Hello all.  I must admit to being a bit reticente in completing the story of our trip to Mexico.  It is marred by an incident of mental hea...