I am not political in any way, but the ideology I see in all the parties that occupy what is traditionally called "the right" in the country is one that is not Canadian. It seems to consist of a mean social determinism and a set of values that are so antithetical to those that characterized the country I grew up in. We are a peaceful country, mindful of our neighbours, supportive of each other and now I find we are governed by a heavy handed, manipulative and increasingly hostile government that is taking this country down a road I doubt most people want to take.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
COMPLETE THE STORY
Hello all. I must admit to being a bit reticente in completing the story of our trip to Mexico. It is marred by an incident of mental hea...
-
Around Vancouver there are many liveaboards, but there is this stigma that we are somehow part of the "underclass". It's as th...
-
We tuned the rig (nice and taught) and trial placed the Dutchman Boom Brake. Paul and I talked about how to rig the brake and agreed to ke...
-
We had a few experiences of dragging with our Delta anchor and we had the right scope for the depth. It unnerved us so much, we decided to...
No comments:
Post a Comment