Sunday, December 29, 2013

2013 Ends

I must admit that this has been a trying year in every respect.  There are however two things that I learned this year that I will never forget and both have to do with people.  On the one hand, I learned that things are not always as they appear, and on the other that what is seen is artful, without hidden agendas and rue in a sense that can only be described as a gift.

Of the first, there is nothing I will comment on further.  Our world and our country is an oligarchy of narrow interests whose internal compasses have long ago lost its moral direction and does not know what is right and what is wrong.  The result is that most of the world suffers while few thrive.

The second is the gift that is my son.  He is autistic.  We have learned that in that gift we find a person without guile, without malice, without hidden agendas, without hatred.  He sees the best in people and is incapable of arrogance, deceit or sarcasm.  He is truly a gift sent to teach me and his mother what purity of mind is all about.  Were we all similarly disposed, the world would be a far better place.

2014 will be about him - about his growth and happiness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMPLETE THE STORY

 Hello all.  I must admit to being a bit reticente in completing the story of our trip to Mexico.  It is marred by an incident of mental hea...