Saturday, November 30, 2013

Close of the Edmonton Municipal Airport

I earned my private pilot license at the Edmonton Flying Club in 1989. The club was in building 18 at the Municipal Airport and I would fly from the Municipal airport to Villeneuve Airport to fly circuits. I soloed at Villeneuve airport. Later came a Commercial license, multi engine rating and an instrument rating in 1992 - all earned at the Municipal airport and the Edmonton Flying Club. Blatchford Field has a long history of aviation in the west and I am proud to have been a pilot trained there. Edmonton Muni holds a special place in my heart and I will always remember the view from the cockpit on approach to runway 30 as you flew by the city and over Kingsway Mall. Farewell old friend.  Here are some memories of the airport:



A View I have Seen More Times Than I
Can Count - Approach to Runway 30






Unbelievable:  A Lancaster! - That WORKS!!







Another View I have Seen More Times than I
Can Count - Takeoff from Runway 30

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMPLETE THE STORY

 Hello all.  I must admit to being a bit reticente in completing the story of our trip to Mexico.  It is marred by an incident of mental hea...