Sunday, October 2, 2011

Celestial Navigation

Here it is the beginning of October already.  We are planning to go across to Clam Bay for our Canadian Thanksgiving Weekend (which is next weekend).  This is a great little bay enclosed by Thetis and Kuper Island




So, while we think about our short weekend at Clam Bay, I am looking into Celestial Navigation.  Even though we have all the bells and whistles on Terratima, trusting the GPS and not having the fundamentals under my fingers - particularly offshore seems silly.  Ergo, I have taken to various sites to learn the techniques, logic and math.  



A good sextant is really expensive, so for now, I'll cheap out and read.  here is a great site:

http://www.celestial-navigation-course.com/

Maybe it's the MIT Geek in me, but I love this stuff.






No comments:

Post a Comment

COMPLETE THE STORY

 Hello all.  I must admit to being a bit reticente in completing the story of our trip to Mexico.  It is marred by an incident of mental hea...