Tuesday, December 13, 2011

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

When I was a graduate student, there was a poster up that on the 16th of December (I won't say which year) there would be a "reading of Handel's Messiah - bring your scores".  I had a score and turned up under the great dome on Massachusetts Avenue where the MIT Chamber Orchestra, the MIT Chorus and 4 student soloists sang part one of the Messiah.  The railings for 3 stories were ringed with people holding their scores and joining in at the choruses.  I will never forget that day and for me this particular chorus is quintessentially Christmas: 




No comments:

Post a Comment

COMPLETE THE STORY

 Hello all.  I must admit to being a bit reticente in completing the story of our trip to Mexico.  It is marred by an incident of mental hea...